Monday, August 20, 2012

JustRite Stamps Challenge!!

Here I am again, with another JustRite stamps challenge entry! This week we are to use the color wheel to create a card or project with colors opposite of eachother on the wheel. I had a ton of fun with this project,,,,,it's a cracker jar I found at Walmart for about 3.00. I altered it with curly ribbons and JustRite stamps for my grand daughter who is five and going to Kindergarten for the first time tomorrow!

Here's the front of the Jar,,,I used Labels 14 (new to me!) to stamp my grand daughter's name in 95 pt font. Justrite is no longer making this font (I'm so sad!) but if you hurry you can grab a few of these font sizes they have left for significant savings!

The ribbon was curled by dampening with water, wrapping around wooden dowels, and baking in a low ove (225 degrees F) for 20 minutes or until dry,,,,,,when you uncurl the ribbon from the dowels, it stays that way! so cute!

Here you can see the ribbon and lace I wrapped around the jar,,,,,,,

Here's the top of the jar,,,,,,,I used classic circles large to cut out the pink and green paper for matting to cover the jar top with,,,,,,,,,then I stamped the ribbon border from JustRite Back Yard Birds set,,,,,,,,and I used 50 pt font to stamp BOWS AND RIBBONS with,,,,,,,,some colored pencils to color the ribbon with and a few buttons just for cuteness factor,,,,,,

and a few matching ribbons and bows to go in the jar,,,,,,,,,and she's finished! My granddaughter LOVES ribbons and bows, and I just KNOW she'll have a smile on her face as she goes off to Kindergarten tomorrow!

I hope you enjoyed,,,,,you still have a day or two to enter Justrite's challenge if you hurry!!!!!!!  Thanks for looking,,,,,,your comments mean the world to me, and I'd love to come visit your blog!



4 comments:

  1. Holly, how absolutely adorable and I know she will love this. I have been meaning to enter their challenge and keep putting it off, maybe I will give it a try, thanks for the push. Love your tip on the ribbons!!
    hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH HOW SWEET!!!! What a perfect gift for your granddaughter! Thanks for entering our color challenge again at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Bet your little one loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waaay CUTE & CLEVER and I know a little girl named Angie was very pleased with the sweet gift on her very first day in Kindergarten from her Grandma!!! ;~)

    ReplyDelete