Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Silhouette Silhouettes!!!!!!

Good Afternoon!!!!

I love silhouettes,,,,,,people,,,animals,,,,,things,,,,,

I love cutting them out of dark card stock and I often cut a bunch out of black card stock and then grab them when I want a quick card,,,,,,or a quick element to add to a card,,,,,,,

And NOTHING cuts silhouettes better than,,,,,,,,,,,well,,,,,,a Silhouette!!!!!

Today I have two cards to share,,,,easy, quick cards!

This first card is another Christmas card to add to my stash so I'll be ready for Christmas,,,,,,and it was OH so easy,,,,,,,,

I grabbed a couple silhouettes I had cut a day or two earlier and glued and pop dotted them down!  Piece of cake!  To make the snowy hills, I simply drew wavy lines in Studio and edited the points! Once cut, I embossed them with a polka dot embossing folder. Easy peasy!  I saved the file so I can cut them quickly,,,,,,,,,,and done up in blue paper, they'd make pretty water too!

Card Recipe:
Paper: MME Noel pack, Recollections
Die cuts: Silhouette America onine store and my own design
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon and Walmart
Pearls: Recollections
button: my stash

This second card was a bit more involved,,,,,but oh so much fun!


I just love the pop of apple green and the sparkly button!!!!

Card Recipe:
Papers: MME Lost and Found Two Rosy pack, Recollections, GA Pacific, Coordinations
Die Cuts: Silhouette America online store
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Button: Recollections

I hope you enjoyed the card, and I'm sorry for staying away so long,,,,,,,I was busy re-organizing my scrap room,,,,,,,,,

Oy, now THAT was a chore! LOL!

Thanks for your lovely comments, I love to hear from you,,,,,,,,and I'd love to visit your blog!

4 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous Holly! I'm a sucker for a silhouette too! It looks like you are having a blast with your new toy!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Holly! I can tell you are enjoying your Portrait :) Bring on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, Holly. All the elements are lovely.
    Hugs
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are gorgeous! The silhouettes look fantastic, and love those hills you embossed. Loving that MME paper!

    ReplyDelete