Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Birthday Card and Some Praise!

Good Morning!

Today is a WONDERFUL day!!!!!!!!  My husband, who has worked 7 days a week, 12 hours a day for MONTHS, finally has a day off! We are off to Disney World to spend the day,,,,,,,,and we have reservations for dinner at one of the restaurants tonight! WOO HOO! I'm bouncing, I'm so happy!

I hope you're not sick of window cards LOL. I know that the Grand Madison Window die is extremely popular for a reason, and I've used it here again!  I have to say, that in googling this die to see what other people have done with it, I have especially enjoyed Kittie's cards  .  Although I did not directly copy any of her cards, her style has definitely STRONGLY inspired this card!  I surely hope she doesn't mind! Pop on over (link above) and see some of her gorgeous cards and leave some love while you're at it!

Here's mine!
]




You can probably tell by the shine, but I used an old spellbinders package cut to size to imitate the glass in the window,,,,,
  
I also created little hinges for the shutters, so they pop out a bit,,,,,,,,,and of course, a bow on my bow maker!  The garden fence is a die by memory box,,,,,,,I bought it some time ago, and had no clue what to do with it until I got this window die LOL

Card Recipe:
Papers:scraps (PP), Coordinations Cardstock
dies: Poppy Stamps Grand Madison Window die, Grand Madison Shutter die, Memory Box Wrought Iron gate, Spellbinders ribbon banners
punches: Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace Punch around the page set, The Paper Studio tiny flowers punch, Martha Stewart winter branch punch
Ribbon and Flowers: Michael's Brand

Now time for some praise!

I bought my Grand Calibur exactly a year ago,,,,,,I can't imagine life without it! I love it! Unfortunately,,,,,,JUST out of warranty, it died on me LOL. My kinda luck, right?  Well, I didn't want to buy a new one if I could help it, so I emailed Spellbinders to see if they offered a repair service.

Turns out, they do!  She asked me a few questions, to which I responded honestly,,,,,,and I told her I was out of warranty on the machine and did not mind paying for repairs!

She responded back that they would HONOR that warranty!  My machine will be fixed for free.

I have to say,,,,,,,,I was stunned. How often does a company, in the face of being honestly TOLD they are no longer responsible, CHOOSE to take responsibility?????? NEVER,,,,,,,,,except,,,,,,it has happened!

Fortunately, I have my old Big Kick, which I was able to get new plates for yesterday, to hold me over until my Grand Calibur is returned to me (free of charge!).

But in case you are contemplating a Grand Calibur,,,,,,,buy with confidence!  You won't be sorry!

I hope you enjoyed the card! Now I'm off to Disney World to enjoy the world!!!!!!  Have a lovely Sunday!  And thanks so much for your comments!










3 comments:

  1. Oh my Holly, this is beautiful! I love those little flowers, they are too cute! I really like your window cards- don't think I could tire of them. Hope you had a wonderful day at Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, I feel so complimented that you linked my blog. Thank you!!! Your window card is so precious. I love all the details, especially the darling bow and the fence. Someone will be very happy to receive this. We must be near by neighbors. I live in the Orlando area and my husband works at Disney world. I hope you and your husband had a great day there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly,
    What a gorgeous card! I really like your window cards! Have fun at Disney today! Glad to hear that Spellbinders is taking care of you! They are a great company!

    Hugs,
    Kristi♥

    ReplyDelete