Friday, August 23, 2013

I Think I'm Getting Sick of Christmas Cards LOL!

Good morning!

You may be happy to know, that YES, I am finally getting sick of Christmas cards,,,,,

I have two to show you today,,,,,,,

and at LEAST for a couple days,,,,,,I'm going to try and concentrate on fall cards LOL. For a few days. Hopefully. LOL.

The first is this pink, gray/silver and black card,,,,,,,,I'm not sure I like it,,,,,,,,but it's definitely a striking color combo,,,,

Card Recipe:

Papers: Recollections
Stamps: Justrite (snowman and sentiment), Inkadinkado (snowflakes)
Inks: Versafine Onyx black
Dies: Spellbinders classic large round, picot edge circles, and Cottage Cutz Tea time doily
Embossing folder: Cuttlebug
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon

My second card is this Poinsettia Card,,,,,,,,,,,again, not sure I like it, but the colors (more traditional) are pretty striking,,,,,,,

I absolutely love the focal point,,,,,,,,,it's striking. I should have used a different ink to stamp the sentiment on the DP though. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Here's a close up of that,,,,,,,,,you can see how I should have used something else,,,,,,,,,,,live and learn, I guess,,,,,,,




And this last pic is a close up of the Poinsettia and focal point,,,,,,,

I think that poinsettia is my favorite part of the whole card,,,,,,love that die!

Card Recipe:
Papers: K and Company scraps
dies: Spellbinders Ironwork Motifs, Parisian motifs, postage stamps, layered poinsettia
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Ink: Versafine
Stamps: Justrite Nested Christmas Sentiments

I hope you enjoyed this trip down Santa Claus Lane the past week or so,,,,,,,,,,

but fall is coming, and I must get my Thanksgiving cards started!!!!!! Thanks for looking, and please leave a comment, so I can find your blog!!!!!!

Have a lovely weekend! My husband and I are off to Disney World this weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Well I think they are gorgeous! They are inspiring me to get started on my cards early this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete