Sunday, January 6, 2013

2013 Calendar.

Recently, I was in a swap with some great "fake" online friends. The talent was amazing!

My swap buddy was in Canada,,,,,,,,and I knew I wanted to make a desk calendar,,,,,,so I had to go digging for a few Canadian holidays.  For instance,,,,,,,,Canada Day is on July 1st and is the equivilent of our 4th of July,,,,,,,,,,,and Thanksgiving is in October.

So without further ado,,,,,,,Amanda's calendar,,,,,,month by month.





I hope Amanda really enjoys it,,,,,,I even put a little poem on the back.

I hope that you've had
a wonderful year.
Now that you're done
don't toss me on my ear

Take a picture you love
for each of the months
and glue over top
of each calendar fun.

So keep me forever
don't throw me away.
A mini book I'll make
of some sweet, precious days.


The hardest part about this little project was keeping the embellishments down so it wasn't too thick to sit nicely on a desk.

Calendar Recipe:
Papers: variety of scraps
Ink: Versafine
Stamps: Justrite (several sets)
dies: Grand Labels 23 for the months, 2010 snowflake pendant, nested hearts, Memory box open loralai leaf, postage stamps, labels one, squares large, picot edge circles, Cottage Cutz filigree leaf, Marianne Designs poinsettia die, ovals large, lacy squares, Labels 3
vintage images: Crafty Secrets
punches: Martha Stewart butterfly punch (large and small)
Binding: Cinch 1 inch binding rings and bound with the Cinch.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful calendar!! Love all the details! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful indeed and so practical Holly! Great details with the special holidays for her!

    ReplyDelete