Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Welcome to The Looking Glass


So, I decided to try this blog thing. Everyone seems to be doing it these days,,,,,,God only knows who's going to read it LOL. For someone who talks as much as I do, I'm surprised I haven't been blogging for years.

It wasn't as hard to create as I thought, surprise, surprise. I decided to name my blog Through the Looking Glass, because creativity and creation is a reflection of the joy we feel. Daily joy,,,,,,,daily creativity. What form the creativity takes doesn't matter,,,,,,what matters is that you create. Some paint, some craft, some sew, some organize! I like to make pretty things, mostly from paper. Just BUYING new paper makes me smile,,,,,,the feel of satin ribbon is a joy. It calms me, recharges me, and makes me feel closer to God, the creator of ALL things.

With that said, I thought I would share a card I created recently, one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy!!!

the gorgeous seed packet image was courtesy of the Graphics fairy,,,,,,,,,really, check her out, she's WONDERFUL! You can find her button which will link you right to her blog over there ~~> ribbon is basic sheers from Michaels and the larger flowers were made from the Rose creations dies by Spellbinders (one of the BEST things I ever bought). Smaller flowers are Die-namics mini rolled roses dies from My Favorite Things. LOVE those too! Paper is K and company Water Colors paper pad.

I hope you enjoyed!

4 comments:

  1. Holly, I LOVE it!! This is beautiful just like all your creations. I can't wait to see more!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! so good to see you in the bloging world! I'm new at it but already addicted! it's so much fun to share what's going on and crafts that seem not to fit anywhere else!

    hope you have fun with it and to see loads of creative things on here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I said the same thing when I started my blog! I like to talk so why not start one. Everyone makes fun of me, I talk too much!

    Becki
    Happy Card Encouragement Factory

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly! This is amazing........

    ReplyDelete