Saturday, August 20, 2011

I'm so excited!!!!!


One of my favorite stamp companies (JustRite) is having a challenge this week that is SO right up my alley!!!!

Challenge number 056 is to make a shaped Christmas card or tag,,,,,any shape EXCEPT a square or a rectangle!!! I absolutely ADORE Christmas tags!!!! they are fun to make, and rarely get tossed away,,,,In fact, I send them AS christmas cards often,,,,,,,,I simply sign the back FROM THE YOUNGS with the year on it,,,,,,I usually see the tag hanging from their christmas tree :)

And JustRite has some of the most GORGEOUS and elegant fonts for their sentiment stamps that I have ever seen! My one hang up???? I own just ONE set of their Christmas stamps,,,,and it's sentiments,,,,,not images,,,,,sigh. Well, I have another few sets on order,,,,,,but they won't make it on time,,,,,,,

soooooo,,,,,,there's nothing to do but do my best and use what I have :)

I am entering SIX tags (faint,,,,,I know, but I was having so much fun I couldn't stop!!) I am going to give each tag it's own blog entry so that I can link each tag directly to the JustRite challenge individually :) so,,,,,,without further ado,,,,,,,,

my first tag,,,,,,

I just LOVE pink for Christmas colors,,,,I found this image on the Graphics Fairy Website (see sidebar for their button) and cut it out using Labels 11,,,,,,,some fussy cutting, diecuts, a few pearls and gems and some feathers to simulate snow (this little beauty has snowballs in her hands, I couldn't resist the feathers!) and VOILA!!!!!! a darling tag that my youngest has already claimed as HERS LOL.

Hope you enjoyed and thanks so much for looking!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you have certainly been busy! I really like all your tags, and especially this one--such a sweet image and great colors and embellishments. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tags are just beautiful!! What a great idea to send them as christmas cards. I have just started to make tags and they are addictive.Good luck to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous project Holly! Love the beautiful vintage image! Thanks for joining along with the JR challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tag, I like the use of pearls instead of a ribbon tie. Love the image you used and fluffy feathers are a special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your tags are AMAZING! This is my favorite though!

    ReplyDelete