Sunday, July 29, 2012

Good Morning!

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend so far :)  My husband and I are planning to go to the movies tonight, which almost NEVER happens, so I am looking forward to that,,,,

But I had a bit of time to craft this morning and decided to play along with the shabby girls at the Shabby Tea Room.

Challenge number 124 is "Oh so pretty in pink",,,,,,,and I couldn't resist! Now for some reason, SHABBY is a tough one for me,,,,I love it so, but just do not seem to have much talent for it. Ah well, practice makes perfect!

Here's the inspiration photo,,,,,,

so cool and refreshing looking after the heat most of the country has been having lately!

They also want us to have a flower on our card,,,,,,,,,,well, I love pink and I love flowers,,,,,so I had a lot of fun!

I got the image at Free Vintage Digi Stamps (button to the right) some time ago,,,,,,and I just KNEW it was perfect for this challenge!  I made the roses from Spellbinders spiral blossom 1 out of coffee filters that I had inked.  The cherry blossom was made with Spellbinders Rose Creations die out of coffee filters, inked, scrunched, dried and stamens added.  The leaves were Spellbinders Foliage, inked pink, and I added some pearls to the Recollections corner bling element to tie in with the pearls added along the lace and pink velvet ribbon. The butterfly bow was created on a wooden bow maker,,,,,,,,,easy peasy!

Here's a close up!

I hope you enjoyed the card!! And thanks for looking!



3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Love it!! Have fun at your movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, this is just beautiful. I love all the special touches that you've added to make this gorgeous creation!
    Thanks for sharing at the Tea Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty, I love all the gorgeous detail, nicely done
    hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete