Friday, September 7, 2012

Thanks and Get Wells,,,,,,,,and a big disappointment,,,,,,,

Good Morning!  I hope everyone has been watching the RNC and the DNC,,,,voting is an amazing right. So let's do it!

This morning I have two cards to share,,,,,,,,the first is a thank you to the Cuban American friends we spent a lovely day with last week,,,,,,,they sent us home with a lovely bottle of wine, and we wanted to send a thank you card,,,,,,,it probably would have gone out sooner, but I've been busy working on the album for his mother,,,,,

The rolled roses are felt,,,,,I cut them myself free hand, easy peasy, and just rolled them up and glued with a glue gun,,,,,,,,the paper is MME Lost and Found Two Blush collection,,,,,,Oooo la la, I love this paper! I also used my FAV new stamp set, Just the Right Words set by Justrite to create my sentiment, which I then matted with circles large and picot edge circles.

My next card explains the big disappointment,,,,,,,,,,it's a get well card made for Jose,,,,,,the man whose mother is becoming an American Citizen today,,,,,,,,,,he had an emergency appendectomy yesterday morning and won't be able to go to the ceremony for his mother. I can only imagine how he feels. My husband called home and asked me to make a get well card for him, and of course, I did,,,,,,,,,,,and I feel so badly for him.

Now guy cards are tough for me,,,,,,,but I did my best.  I used MME Lost and Found Two Sunshine deck, and went with a color scheme of gold and black,,,,,,,,,with a bit of off white. Labels 14, some shiny gold ribbon, some leaves inked thhrough the die, and a fancy gold corner piece, and she's done.

I hope you enjoyed the cards, and thanks for looking!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I struggle with masculine cards too, but you did a wonderful job! So sorry he is going to miss his mother's ceremony though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautiful and you have used some of my favorite papers as well on both of these! I am sure he is very disappointed, hopefully they will take lots of pictures. Holly, so agree with you about voting, haven't missed any chance to since turning 18.
    hugs....

    ReplyDelete