Saturday, March 3, 2012

Shabby Chic Altered Tin and an announcement!

Good morning!!! I have the most exciting news!!!!!!

Are you ready for this? I have the distinct honor of being one of the DT members for Sugar Creek Hollow,,,,,,,,one of my absolute FAVORITE challenges in the whole of blog-land!!!!!!!

I may or may not have danced around the kitchen like a mad person when I was asked LOL.

AND this week's challenge is one of my FAVORITES that they do too! WOO HOOO off to a good start!

Trash to Treasure is this week's theme! Take something that would ordinarily head to the trash or the recycle bin, and make vintage/shabby chic/ or primitive TREASURE with it! Although you may USE scraps, they can not count for your "trash", so go get crafty with it and make something GORGEOUS.

Without further ado,,,,,,,,,,here is my "trash"! It's a cookie tin, the tall skinny kind.


I have been wanting to make something with this tin for weeks now! And I was so THRILLED that I get to use it for my first DT project with Sugar Creek Hollow!

Here's the front,,,,,



Here's the back,,,,,,,,,,


I covered the tin with this gorgeous pink, pearlescent paper from DCWV's Luxury Stack,,,,,,it's stunning. I found the vintage ballerinas on the Graphics Fairy, button to the right,,,,,,,,,,aren't they GORGEOUS? I just LOVE them,,,,,,I actually used the same prints for another project about a year ago, but they seemed so perfect for this project, I couldn't resist them.

I cut each of the prints out with Ovals large, and then matted with more pink DCWV Luxury Stack paper which I cut out with Lacey Ovals. I adhered beautiful white eyelet lace around the bottom and layered a string of pearls around that,,,,,,,,and trimmed the rim of the lid with 1/4 inch velvet ribbon. I covered the lid with more pink paper and then a gorgeous rose vintage image was adhered on top.

I cut several heart locks out with my big shot (spellbinders Heritage dies), glued them together for thickness and then painted the whole with TH crackle medium,,,,,,a bit of white paint and a center pearl to look shabby chic, and I hung that on a silky ribbon with a gold key. A gorgeous bow with both pink and white sheer ribbon, a flower and some looped pearls,  a vintage rose ticket, and she's done!

Here's a close up of the heart, key and bow,,,,


We at Sugar Creek Hollow would also like to welcome Sherri Willshire as guest designer!!!!! Click on the link to see her phenomenal stuff! Thanks so much, Sherri!

I hope you enjoyed the altered tin, thanks so much for looking, and be sure to go dig through your recycle bin and get crafty!!!!!!!

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on being a member of the DT at Sugar Creek Hollow! What a beautiful creation!! I love how your heart tuned out! Both the ticket image..and the ballerina one...are some of my faves!!
    Hugs
    enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, I did a happy dance when I heard you were joining the team as well. So happy to be working with you. Love your project this week, the images are beautiful and love the top!!! So gorgeous. Have a wonderful week.
    hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are now part of the Sugar Creek Hollow team. This project is fabulous and it would look wonderful in some little girl's bedroom to hold her ponytail holders and the like. Hmmm, I might just have to lift this idea for Miss Emily.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly, I'm so inspired by this! I happen to have almost that same container waiting to be altered. I love how flirty and feminine this is. Just beautiful. What a wonderful creation to premiere on the SCH DT with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing results with your altered item!! I just love your design!! TFS! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you! They have an awesome member on their team! Stunning project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a scrummy altered tin and you got to eat the contents an extra bonus,just loving the image
    hugs and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Holly!!! I LOVE being on my DTs--it's such fun! I KNOW you're a very welcome and valued member! That tin is fabulous--LOVE the image! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so glad to have you on our team! your trash is truly a treasure now! how gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holly - this is so pretty!!! You are so creative!!! xo

    -pamela :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a darling project, Holly. So creative and feminine. So glad you have joined us at Sugar Creek Hollow. The gals are great and you will have a super time.

    ReplyDelete