Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sugar Creek Hollow Again!

Good Morning! I hope you're all ready for some amazing inspiration from the Sugar Creek Hollow team! This week's challenge is Monochromatic Green!

Well, sometimes I just don't FEEL like making a card,,,,,and this week was one of those! So I dug through my scraps and found a piece of 4.5x5 leftover piece of chipboard, and decided to make myself a hanging plaque for my scrappy room.


I covered the chipboard in scrap paper, used a MS deep edge "fan" punch to add some interest, and a bit of lace along the bottom. Then I punched holes in the top and strung some green ribbon through. My center focal point is made from nesties,,,,,,,,from the bottom up, 2 layers of Moroccan Motifs, a smaller Moroccan motif, lacey ovals and then finally ovals to cut out the image. It's gorgeous, and SOOOOOOOOOOO vintage with the gorgeous dress and basque the lady is wearing. Too scrumptious!  I put a small layered crown on the side, a big quad bow and a stick pin,,,,and then added a few clear gems just for a bit of sparkle. It's hanging in my scrap room as we speak!

Here's a close up of all the layers!


I hope you enjoyed the project this week,,,,,,be sure to head over to Sugar Creek Hollow and link up your  monochromatic GREEN project!!!! And while you're there, take a look at the Design Team's inspiration for the week! You won't be sorry you did!

Thanks for looking, I really appreciate it!

7 comments:

  1. love your plaque!!! think i will make one for my wall also...you have created a beauty to enjoy looking at...good for the mojo too!!!
    hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece Holly!! I love all your layers and inking! What a wonderful overall vintage feel! Love it!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous...my room is in shades of green and I need to think about making something like this. I love looking at things that I love while creating. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful plaque, just loving the image, lots of gorgeous details
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project, Holly... great project, lovely details and something new to see each time I look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Holly - thanks for visiting my Altoid tin post. I left you an answer there since it's kind of long. Let me know if I can help with your project!

    Cheers,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great wall hanging. Love all the layers and the great baroque image.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete