Saturday, May 26, 2012

Sassy Cheryl Challenge and a fun card!

Good Afternoon!! I think it's been MONTHS since I played along with the Sassy girls! But TODAY that ends!!!!!!Ssassy Cheryl's is one of my FAVORITE challenges, because the challenges are fun, easy, and the images are adorable!!!!!  I made a card for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge "Favorite color combo"!

Doing sassy little dance!

Deciding WHICH of my fav color combos to do, however,,,,,,,wasn't so easy LOL. I have so many favs!!!!!! But since summer is coming, I decided my favorite THIS week was some summery colors!

My color combo,,,,,,,,peach, pink, orange and just a touch of green,,,,,,,

and so here's my color combo card using Sassy Cheryl's darling image (that just CALLED to me "buy me buy me buy me" when I went to her site!) Sam and Avery at Odds.






Please pardon the lousy cropping LOL,,,,,my battery was dying and I took the picture QUICKLY, not leaving enough background room for good quality cropping (darnitall),,,,,,,,but I want to get this in today, because I have a busy weekend!

Here's a close up of this darling image!





I love love LOVE this image!!!!!! so cute!!!!! I computer printed the sentiment (All differences aside...I love you.) and layered the image over scraps of my favorite papers,,,,,,,,some K and company sparkly rose paper, some DCWV striped paper,,,,,,,and Webster's peach and white polka dots. A pink ruffled trim on the bottom,,,,,,,and a bright orange ribbon, and she's done!

Make sure you run over to Sassy Cheryl's shop, get yourself an image, and then run over to the Sassy Cheryl's challenge blog  and upload your card!!!! You get two entries to the prize if you use a Sassy Cheryl's image!



My next card (YES! ANOTHER!) I made for a dear friend who is laid up sick right now,,,,,

I used this gorgeous image from Sugar Nellie's line of "Simply Adorables" digi stamps,,,,,you can get them here! How darling is this?????????


I tried something a bit different here,,,,,,,I colored the image with copics and then layed some Webster's velum paper OVER the image,,,,,,

you can see a better close up here,,,,,, I'm not sure if I like it or not LOL,,,,,,,oh well, it's different!






some green velvet ribbon trim, a brown bow and some white lace a long the bottom, and she's finished. Easy peasy! This image is just GORGEOUS, and so easy to color!!!!! So much fun!

Thank you for looking, and I hope you enjoyed the cards!

I have more Sassy Cheryl's cards for graduations I am working on,,,,,,,,and a couple more Sugar Nellie cards as well! I hope to have those up later in the week.

I hope you all have a lovely safe holiday!

6 comments:

  1. I love your colouring and beautiful colour combo.

    Thanks for joining Sassy Cheryl's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly, what an adorable card with two stubborn girls. I just got the email about their sale and went shopping...imagine! Love Chery's images. I really love the Sugar Nellie with the vellum, very unique and beautiful.
    Hope your weekend is going well.
    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly, both cards are fantastic! I love your summer colors for the twins... whimsical and fun! the sentiment is just perfect!
    Your coloring has brought them to life! Sweet as can be!
    thanks for joining us for the Sassy Cheryl fave colors challenge this week!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the image you chose for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge, what fun, so glad you decided to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning as always Holly. They are both FANTASTIC!
    FAB color combo. Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly, love the twins and the perfect sentiment! Both cards are perfect!
    I am so glad you joined us for the "Fave Color Combo" challenge at Sassy Cheryl's this week!

    ReplyDelete