Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sugar Creek Hollow!!!!

Good Morning! It's Saturday and over at Sugar Creek Hollow, we have a fun fun FUN challenge for you this week!

We want to see your TAGS!  They should be vintage, shabby chic, or Primative in style,,,,,,and they can be a tag alone,,,or a tag on a card, whichever is your preference!

A Day for Daisies is our Fab sponsor this week!!!!





They were so generous to allow each of us to pick an image,,,,,,,,and when I saw this image, I fell in love and knew IMMEDIATELY what I would do!




I wanted the vintage story book look for my card,,,,,,,,so I colored the image in copics, cut it out, and then distressed and inked the edges.  I then embossed with clear ink and clear embossing powder three times, and then folded and cracked the embossing powder.

Here's a close up of that!




I cut my card base from Grand Labels 23, and covered it with DCWV Once Upon a Time paper. I used spellbinders nested crowns, nested hearts, and Banner Basics 1 for the banner at the top. I edged the card base and the image with gold embossing powder. It ABSOLUTELY SPARKLES.

For my little tag, I computer printed a sentiment (not mine, I don't know who thought it up, but I've seen it before), inked it and distressed it, and then rolled the top and bottom to imitate a royal scroll, and then hung it by a gold cord on a gold metal button.

Here's a close up of my tag.





I added a key cut from spellbinders Heritage dies, a few gems, some prima flowers and she's finished!

I hope you enjoyed the card, and thanks for looking! Run right over to Sugar Creek Hollow and upload your card or tag!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Holy gorgeous card, Holly! I love LOVE the little scroll tag - that's clever! Stunning work, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Tag Holly :0) It does look like it came from a old picture book!! Love it!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great tag, love the story book theme and such a wonderful sentiment
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly....WOW, love the image this week!!! Awesomely cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Holly, I do love it.....the cracked glass effect is so lovely and your scroll....genius. Have you been watching Once Upon a Time, love those fairy tales! Your tag makes me smile!
    hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so very creative! Love that cracked glass effect....gorgeous for sure!

    ReplyDelete