Saturday, May 19, 2012

Sugar Creek Hollow Saturday!!!!!

I am really excited today!!!!!!! We have a fantastic challenge for you over at Sugar Creek Hollow! Something about any lover of vintage or shabby chic LOVVVVVVVES!

PEARLS AND SWIRLS!!!!!! We want to see pearls and flourishes on your vintage, shabby chic or primitive card!!!!! Other than that,,,,,,,the sky is the limit!

We also have a fantastic guest designer joining us at SCH this week, so be sure to come on over and welcome her,,,,,,,,,and then run right over to her blog to see her gorgeous work!

Welcome to Amelia Breytenbach! Amelia, it's so nice to have you with us this week!



And here's my card!






I am absolutely IN LOVE with this paper! It's Prima Meadow Lark,,,,,,,,and when I first got it, I was a bit disappointed,,,,,,,,but once I started layering with this gorgeous vintage rose image,,,,,,,OH MY, the paper jumps right off the card! So pretty!

I got this lovely image at a new (for me) vintage freebies site,,,,,,,,,,and I think I spent 4 hours yesterday going through every page she had to find some incredibly gorgeous images! So make sure you stop by and see what she has! The blog is called Bumble Button!

Here's the image, close up,,,,,,,





This is a relatively simple card, because I really wanted this gorgeous image and the paper to shine,,,,

I cut the image out with Spellbinders Ovals Large, inked the edges and centered it over layered Meadow Lark paper,,,,,,it's really too stunning. some ruffled ribbon, yellow sheer ribbon, Prima "Say it in pearls and crystals"  flourish and some extra pearls, and she's finished!

So easy, yet SO elegant!

I hope you loved the card, and thanks so much for looking! Your comments mean the world to me!

I hope you enjoy this week's amazing challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow, and we look forward to seeing your entry!

7 comments:

  1. Ooooooahhhhhh! This card is HOT! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Holly!! I sooo love that image..thanks for sharing the link! I just love your swirl!! Glittery goodness!!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Holly! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! LOVE the vintage rose image-and the amazing swirl and bow are the perfect detail! Gonna try to join the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a gorgeous elegant card Holly
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, SO pretty!! I'm going to join in this week, it's been a while since I've played at SCH.

    Your bow is to die for, I have serious bow envy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly, you say simple but those papers and beautiful image just give it a huge impact!!!Love the ruffled trim and your gorgeous bow! Beautiful!
    Have a wonderful week, hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, is this ever gorgeous and so feminine. I love the image and those pretty papers.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete