Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Saddest kind of card,,,,,


I think my least favorite card is the sympathy card. I love to give them because I want to let the recipient know my thoughts and prayers are with them. But I think they're just so sad to have to give, that I get no true pleasure from making them.

That said,,,,they are a necessity,,,,,,,,unfortunately. In life, there comes death,,,to everything there is a season,,,,and so occasionally, I must make one.

This particular card is for a lovely on-line friend (fake friends we always joke!) Unfortunately, her dear brother passed away recently. When I heard the news, of course, I started a sympathy card. I knew she was sitting shiva (the Jewish tradition of 7 days--sometimes 3, depending on the movement of Judaism--formal mourning in which loved ones come to call on the mourners.) and I wished so badly that I could be there for her in person.

I used DCWV paper (The Main street Stack) for this 5.5x5.5 card.I put one paper on the top portion,and another paper on the bottom portion. I used an EK success edge punch to punch the bottom of the top portion and lined above that with lace. A few nesties to cut out the sentiment, a stick pin, fancy gold corner embellishments, and some flowers, and it's done. Easy,,,,but not on the heart.

I hope you enjoyed,thanks for looking, and I sincerely hope that I have a happier card for you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment