Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Up On the Housetop!



Good Morning everyone! I have yet another card for the Sugar Hollow challenge--dots and stripes-- this week,,,,

I tell you what, I can NOT stay away from that challenge. I think I SQUEALED when I found it online LOL. Vintage is probably my favorite style. I love tons of styles, but vintage is what my heart goes to over and over again. Please consider stopping by and participating if you love vintage, shabby chic or primative cards and paper crafts! Here is the link!

Now, on with the card. I used Recollections Christmas Traditions paper pack for this one (I am seriously in love with their paper this year!),,,,,,the red is rich, deep and vibrant! It's just stunningly gorgeous all on it's own!

first I matted with the red, green and gold plaid (stripes) paper onto Kraft card stock, then cut a smaller mat out of the "Up on the House Top" paper and cut the top with a fancy border punch. I then used my Banners 2 to cut some kraft cs into the fancy border shape I've adhered to the top,,,,,but first, I embossed the entire thing in gold embossing powder. I tell you, if you've never tried gold embossing powder RUN, do not walk, to the store and buy some! it's messy as heck, but OH BOY, the sparkle. Unfortunately, I do not think my camera did the sparkle justice!

Then I adhered the negative cut of the border punch on top of that and gemmed it up (bling bling!), coloring my gem dots with copic markers.

next, I embossed (again with gold!) some snow flakes, and set more gems (dots!) in the centers of all the snow flakes and embossed the SEASONS GREETINGS stamp (both the sentiment and the snow flakes are Crafty Secrets stamps).

I printed this gorgeous vintage santa and colored him with copics cut him out with classic circles Large and antiqued it with sepia ink. I embossed some gorgeous branch punch outs with more gold, a fancy gold button and a North Pole ticket, and she's done!

I just LOVE it! It sparkles so much, and nothing is more classy than red and gold for Christmas, I think.

I hope you enjoyed, and REALLY, pop over to the challenge and try your hand at some vintage goodness!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're back with a second entry!! Love the gold on this one and your Santa is gorgeous.So many beautiful touches to your creation. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow, we are glad you found us!

    Patti SCH/DT

    ReplyDelete