Monday, December 5, 2011

Non-traditional Christmas Colors!



Good morning, everyone! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Mine was full of shopping for a new vanity, medicine cabinet/mirror and toilet for our guest bath that we are re-doing next weekend. Everyone OOOOOOOOOO. Everyone Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. See how jealous you are? LOL, actually, we got a trip to Disney in but it was really crowded so we came home early. I also got a bit of scrappy shopping in to replenish some supplies, and a bit of card making in, so I shouldn't complain!

I have two cards to share today for a challenge.I got this image on The Graphics Fairy (button to the right) and I just love it! Well, the challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow this week is "Non traditional Christmas colors,,,,,,and the challenge at Stamptacular Sunday is blue, brown or black, tan/beige and very limited on the white. You can use any shade of those colors, just limit on the white please. So I whipped up the brown and blue card to enter into these challenges. I then whipped up the blue and tan card because it's just as easy to make two cards as one with the same supplies. I wasn't in love with the blue, but this morning, I am wavering LOL. Who knows what will strike our fancy?

First for the challenge entry card,,,,,,,You can find the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge HERE! It's so much fun,,,,I love vintage! Come on over and give it a try!

You can find the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge HERE! you must use a stamp on the Stamptacular Sunday challenge, and I've used Justrite nested Christmas sentiments on this one. Isn't that such a lovely sentiment? and the fonts are always delicious on Just Rite stamps! I've cut them out with nesties,,,,,,lacy ovals for the blue card and labels 4 for the blue and brown card.

I used my poor neglected cricut quite a bit for these two cards,,,,which really makes me happy since I spent so much money over the years,,,,I found a gorgeous corner embellishement on my gypsy that I have spent good money BUYING in sticker form when I can just CUT ONE, for goodness sake,,,,,I did NOT tell my husband this! LOL.

On the challenge card (brown, blue and cream/tan card) I've printed the image on Kraft paper for a really vintage look, cut fancy corner embellishments and a fancy christmas ornament out of brown, some flourishes out of kraft,,,,,,and then I used my Big Shot to cut two poinsettias with my Maryanne Designs die which I LOVE,,,,,,did you guess?? LOL. My snowflake is a combo of brown, kraft and tan papers and cut with both the cricut and the big shot.

Again, I'm entering this card into both challenges.

Now onto the blue card,,,,,I cut a fancy square doily and the flourishes out of cream paper, and again the poinsettias out of the maryanne die and the snowflake is a combo of cricut cuts and big shot cuts (sizzlet snowflakes).

In both cases, I really think the sentiment just is so elegant, and I think I really love them both!

I do love taking the same stamp and/or the same image and making them very different,,,,,,it's kind of a challenge to myself!

I hope you enjoyed, and thanks for looking! I hope to be back later today with a short post and an easy, adorable gift card holder!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely cards did you make! Thanks for joining us at stamptacular sunday and I wish you luck on the challenge. Hope we see you soon again at stamptacular.

    Hugs,
    Heleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous too! I love all the flowers, die cuts and flourishes. So rich looking!
    Renee
    SCH DT

    ReplyDelete