Friday, December 16, 2011

OK, one more time LOL!



Just ONE more entry into the sugar creek hollow challenge LOL. This time I thought I'd ATTEMPT a bit more of a primitive style. Not sure I succeeded,,,,,but I tried LOL. Again, you can find this challenge HERE!

I cut this shape on my cricut, using my gypsy out of kraft paper and then border punched strips of scrap paper, layering them onto the base. I inked everything, stamped the tops and bottoms with a music note background stamp.

I collected some dried twigs in my yard and heat embossed them with just a bit of gold,,,,,and then I collected some Holly (the kind that had the LEAST pricklies!) from my back yard,,,,,tied tiny bundles of the real holly and the sticks,,,,,,,tied on some baker's twine, a jingle bell and a bit of bling,,,,,,and VOILA.

These probably won't last til next year unless the holly dries SUPERBLY. But it was fun to use as long as I have a ton in my yard!

I tell you what though,,,I have tiny scratches all over my hands from collecting the holly and cutting off the prickers.

Only me.

Have a lovely weekend!!!!! and thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment