Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Black and White and a splash of RED!

Good Morning! This is my SECOND post for the day, scroll down for my PTT DT card with Stampendous as our sponsor!

It's time for another Christmas card! 52 Christmas Card Throw down has a challenge this week. Black and White and a splash of red.

Well, I have to tell you,,,,,,,,those colors are NOT easy for me. It took me TWO HOURS to finally design SOMETHING I liked. And then it hit me,,,,,,,,I spent all that time designing ONE card,,,,,,why not make a quick second card and have TWICE the rewards to show for that time! Yeah, that's the ticket! So I have a new goal this year,,,,,,any time I have a card that takes more than an hour to whip up, or is a difficult card,,,,,or one that I need more of,,,,,I'll make a quick second. AFter all, all the paper and tools are out on the table anyway,,,,,,,,,it doesn't have to be EXACTLY the same,,,,,but I might as well use the design again NOW rather than try to reproduce it from memory six months from now.

So here is the one I designed for the challenge,,,,,,

 Now I've also got to tell you that HUMOROUS cards are NOT my thing generally,,,,,,but for some reason, this idea that I saw GOD only knows how long ago in Better Homes and Gardens stuck in my head. I don't know who to credit,,,,,but that magazine article had a very similar card.

I created the "eye chart" on my computer in word and added a free vintage/retro santa clause before printing.

so that you don't have to squint and figure it out,,,,,,it says "you have been a whole lot of naughty and a little bit of nice this year. Anyone can see that"

I made this card larger, so I could get everything I wanted on the card at a decent size. It's 5x7, and I covered the black card stock base with some Recollections "Naughty or Nice" paper (LOL!), matted in black and red and placed my eye chart on top of that. Some ric rak, a velvet quad butterfly bow, some bling and a tiny Christmas tree, and it's about as clean and simple as I ever get. Here's the inside!

I thought it was a cute touch!

And here's the two I made, together!


I hope you enjoyed this card, and thanks for stopping by. There's STILL time to run over and do a card for the 52 christmas card throw down (link above),,,,,,,,,and if you do TWO a week, you'll have OVER a hundred cards by December!



2 comments:

  1. Holly, these are fabulous! LOVE the sentiment--it's too stinking cute! Thanks for joining us again at 52CCT--we love seeing you there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards - thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete