Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy Sunday!

So Valentines day is coming up QUICKLY! And I've been working on some Valentines Day cards in addition to my DT work. I've been meaning to blog since FRIDAY, but my computer is on the fritz, I've been using my husband's lappy, and I can't make his computer recognize my card reader. GAAH! (Not to mention, all my favorite challenges AND images are STORED in my computer!)

So, I finally figured this out on the FAMILY computer,,,,,my next goal is to find some of my fav challenges and work on those! LOL, I am so computer illiterate!



So today, I have a Valentines day card made with some old stand by paper,,,,,,yes, that would be MME Lost and Found! Love that stuff! The first thing I did was to punch the edge of my card with a MS punch (I wish she put the name of her punch ON the punch!)  No clue where this sentiment stamp came from, I think it was a dollar bin find at Joanns last year.  I've framed the sentiment with Nesties Postage stamps, Floral doily motifs, and standard squares large, the larger roses are spellbinders spiral blossoms 1. It's brand new, and I LOVE it. It took a bit of time and some staring at Amazing Paper Grace and Becca's roses before I figured out how to best roll them so that I could shape the outer edges, but I finally have roses that I love! Thanks, Becca!

The smaller roses are MFT mini rolled roses,,,,,they're so cute and great for tiny spots!  I tied a triple bow on my peg bow maker (Thanks again, Becca!), a few pearls, some lace and a heart charm, and she's done.

Here's a close up of the roses!



Thanks for looking, and I hope you enjoyed! And while I'm at it, I'm going to enter this into Sassy Cheryl's show me thursday challenge! I've missed her :(

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Holly!! My spiral blossoms die should be here tomorrow and let's just say I have NOT been waiting very patiently!!! Can't wait to play with it, and I may be calling on you for some advice! Fantastic card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly - this is GORGEOUS!!! You always do such amazing work! xo

    p.s.- Glad you loved the giveaway package of goodies!

    -pamela :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! And you know, until you mentioned it, I didn't even think about Valentines Day coming. Need to get on creating some images.
    Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday fun this week.

    ReplyDelete