Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Spread The Love

Good Morning!

I hope you noticed the button on my side bar. "Spread the Love" is a movement started by Mynette. Click the button and it will take you to her blog,,,,,,,The post is a sticky at the top, so just scroll a bit, and you'll find it.

It's basically a commitment for the rest of 2012, to make and blog about a card you're sending out to someone once per week in an effort to "spread the love".

So today I have my card. Someone over at Scrapbook.com posted that their father, David, was very ill. He enjoyed hand made cards, so would we make a card and send it?

Right up my alley!

Now guy cards are hard for me! I don't know why,,,,,,,,,but ask me to NOT use a bow or a flower and I freak out LOL. So when I finally got the design I wanted,,,,,,,,,,I made another! David's card is a "thinking of you" card,,,,and I made the same exact card a "Happy Birthday" card, because I can never have too many male birthday cards.

Here are the cards,,,,,,,



I used the NEGATIVES of spellbinders "foliage" (the fern) that was cut out of black card stock,,,,,,and layered it over gold mirror card. I embossed a sentiment with gold embossing powder and added a simple gold sparkle ribbon,,,,,no bow. And she's done. Really, it's too simple, but I thought it looked elegant as is.

I hope you enjoyed the card, thanks for stopping by, and I hope you'll choose to add your name to the "spread the love" movement!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for popping by my blog recently. These cards are totally stunning! And made from the bit we'd normally throw away! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS! The black and foil gold is elegant. Perfect....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, TOTALLY fabulous start to the "Spread the L-O-V-E" initiative! These are GORGEOUS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!!

    Holly, this is so elegant!!! Another amazing creation!!! xo

    -pamela :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good on you Holly for Spreading the Love and brightening someones day. Your cards are gorgeous. I love the gold mirror finish with the black.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wow, this is exquisite!!!

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, so very beautiful! What a wonderful card and a fantastic movement too.

    ReplyDelete