Wednesday, January 25, 2012

May Arts Ribbon Challenge

Recently, May Arts Ribbon chose 25 people to produce vintage valentines projects using their ribbon. I am proud to be one of them. This ribbon is so gorgeous, and drapes SO beautifully, it just floats. I can't describe it any differently,,,,,,it's just stunning.

So to show how beautifully it drapes, I just HAD TO make this double bow with quad bow attached and EIGHT tails. Yep,,,,,eight. They just FLOAT down the card.


Truly, this is luscious, beautiful, ROMANTIC ribbon,,,,,,,,so I chose a romantic theme for my card. The card itself is 6x6, gate fold and opens in the middle,,,,,,,I used MME Lost and Found paper (I know AGAIN!) and cut an oval window out of the card base, putting this beautiful vintage Valentines day image behind. All the flowers are hand made, inked, glittered, and dew drops applied with glossy accents. I've used the spellbinders foliage die and the MS winter branch punch for the foliage amongst the flowers that create this demi-wreath surrounding the vintage image.I used a hole punch and cupped them with a stylus, shaping them for the bits of tiny baby's breath amongst the foliage.

A Prima "say it in pearls and crystals" adds some shimmer,,,,,,,,and the gorgeous bow is the star of the show!

Here's some more pics and close ups,,,,,

The stunning ribbon that went to make this bow, the gorgeous vintage image and flowers,,,,,and finally the inside of the card.

I hope you enjoyed the card, and thanks for looking!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. WOW Holly!!! This is gorgeous! I knew this contest was just PERFECT for you and your style!!! xo

      -pamela :)

      Delete
  2. Holly your bow and card are just beautiful. I have all sorts of trouble doing basic bows let alone ones like this beauty. I am so enjoying following your wonderful work that I have an award for you on my blog, please visit
    http://www.d-dazzledscraps.com/2012/01/liebster-blog-award-spreading-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Holly!! What a really gorgeous creation hun!! LOVE your details and elegant design!! Just wanted to let you know that I'm back and looking forward to seeing more post from you! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete